Sunday, October 4, 2009

It's been 7 months ...

I started with "I'm not much of a blogger" so that's my reasoning for not blogging since March. WOAH!!! lameeeee :)

Here's the CONDENSED version of the last 7 months:
- Taylor got baptized, spent the summer globe trotting, and turned 1 year old 2 months ago! She's walking and talking and being a real fun kid!!!
- Skylar has started French pre-school in addition to Spanish AND English pre-school so she's OFFICIALLY smarted than me (it was only a matter of time).
- I moved to Atlanta! I decided I just needed to make the move and at the end of July I did just that. Packed up some stuff and drove down. Obv there's got to be an adventure - I got into a minor fender bender but wasn't hurt. The body shop that the insurance company insisted we take it to held it captive for a month ... YES, I did NOT have my car for the entire month of August :( But, all is well with the car now - minus the smell of gasoline but we're getting that looked at!
- I'm applying for jobs like crazy ... and it sucks. I have a few people down here who are helping me line some stuff up but being at the bottom of the totem pole doesn't get me a lot of work :/ Here's to patience ... and we all know I have NONE of that!
- I joined a few groups from meetup.com ... I LOVE THEM!!!! I met a lot of cool, interesting, different young ladies and love hanging out. One of them is having a Sex in the City party in a few weeks - can't wait!!!! No one will ever replace my loves but these girls are friendly and I'm having a great time getting to know them and try new things.
- My family ... my rock. I absolutely do not know where I would be without my mom's pep talks, my dad's annoying sense of humor, and my sisters' and cousins' positivity and belief in me. All these people keep expressing to me how they "know I will get a job" and to trust in God and just believe in me. It makes me happy to think about :) I don't always like hearing it but I appreciate knowing people believe in me!
- Speaking of God - I've joined an amazing church here. Well, they won't have members until December but I am attending every week and serving on the hospitality committee. Olu, the lead pastor, really has a way of connecting with everyone and I look forward to going to church every week!
- My friends are amazing ... I love them. I miss them. We don't talk nearly enough and we see each other even less but I know who they are and that they will be there for me. They know who they are and know I would be there for them in a second if they needed me :) I really love that there have been some people who have really showed me their true colors - in a positive sense - I never thought they would stick through and they did <3

I think that's it ... in a nutshell! My aunt and uncle are renewing their wedding vows in 2 weeks in Philly and I can't wait to see all my cousins!!! It's going to be like a mini family reunion ... and you know how us Ross' get when we're together!!! ANDDDDD there's a party .... awwww shoot!

Please comment and I promise there will be more posts :)

Mucho Loveo
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment